CIVIC ENTERTAINMENT GROUP CELEBRATES PRIDE 2023
Prism, Civic Entertainment Group’s LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group, is excited to invite the Civic community to a Pride celebration on Wednesday, June 21st at 4:00pm. We’re thrilled to be partnering with the historic Stonewall Inn, a Civic client, to host this fundraising event where you can buy a drink and enjoy live performances at one of the most important venues for LGBTQ+ advocacy in the US where Pride began.
This event will be an opportunity to show support for the LGBTQ+ community as well as their allies, and we encourage all attendees (as well as those who can’t make it!) to demonstrate this support through donations to The Stonewall Inn Gives Back Initiative (SIGBI), the official and only charitable giving organization of The Stonewall Inn. With nearly 500 anti-LGBTQ+ bills working their way through U.S. state legislatures, many targeting the trans community, it’s vitally important to spread awareness about the current attacks on the LGBTQ+ community nationwide and help fight for a more inclusive, equitable future. To commemorate Pride and mark our ongoing commitment to the LGBTQ+ community, Civic leadership is proud to be supporting SIGBI and kicking off fundraising with a $10,000 donation.
Donations to SIGBI can be made on our Civic Pride GoFundMe page and will be used to support a variety of organizations which serve the LGBTQ+ community. Below are just a few with whom SIGBI has worked in the past:
- Friends of George’s, which produces LGBTQ+ theater in Tennessee and recently sued the state of Tenn. in a victorious attempt to place a temporary hold on the state’s drag ban.
- My Sistah’s House Memphis, which provides housing for Black trans folk in Memphis, TN.
- Borderland Rainbow Center, which provides support to the LGBTQ+ immigrant population living near or on the Texas/Mexico border.
- Iraqueer, which is the first organization to fight for national rights of LGBTQ+ people in Iraq.
- National Black Justice Coalition, which supports Black LGBTQ+ communities throughout the US through government advocacy and direct financial support.
- Transpire Help, which provides rehab and addiction services for trans and non-binary folks who are underinsured.
- Magic City Acceptance Center, which provides community space for the LGBTQ+ community across Alabama.
This is just a sampling of the organizations that we have the opportunity to support, and we encourage you to dive deeper into the important work that SIGBI is doing globally at stonewallinitiative.org.